The TTE Summer Research Program provides research experience for undergraduates who are enrolled in community colleges. Please view our TTE faculty page and past TTE projects for opportunities.
2020 Program Dates: June 12 – August 15
- 9-week research experience
- Hands-on research guided by faculty sponsors and graduate student mentors
- Seminars on preparing for a career in science and engineering
- Advising and support for transfer to a 4-year institution
- Guest speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $3,600 stipend plus room and board
- Travel allowance (up to $300)
- Participation in the Transfer Alliance Project (TAP) & online mentoring programs upon return to community college
- Must be a United States citizen, national, or permanent resident to apply. Unfortunately, international and AB-540 students are NOT eligible for this program.
- 3.0 grade point average or higher for science, engineering, and math courses
- Enrolled in a California community college at the time of application.
- Completed two calculus courses by June 2020.
- Completed three science or engineering courses, one of which has a laboratory component, by June 2020.
- Plan to return to a community college in California in Fall 2020.
- Plan to apply for transfer admission to a baccalaureate program in science or engineering in Fall 2020 (for Fall 2021 start).
- No prior research experience required.
Community college students who are the first in their family to go to college, come from low-income backgrounds, are from underserved communities, and/or are women, and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.