The TTE Summer Research Program provides research experience for undergraduates who are enrolled in community colleges. Please view our TTE faculty page and past TTE projects for opportunities.
2020 Program Dates: June 12 – August 15
- 9-week research experience
- Hands-on research guided by faculty sponsors and graduate student mentors
- Seminars on preparing for a career in science and engineering
- Advising and support for transfer to a 4-year institution
- Guest speakers, lab tours, and field trips
- $3,600 stipend plus room and board
- Travel allowance (up to $300)
- Participation in the Transfer Alliance Project (TAP) & online mentoring programs upon return to community college
- Must be a United States citizen, national, or permanent resident to apply. Unfortunately, international and AB-540 students are NOT eligible for this program.
- 3.0 grade point average or higher for science, engineering, and math courses
- Enrolled in a California community college at the time of application.
- Completed two calculus courses by June 2020.
- Completed three science or engineering courses, one of which has a laboratory component, by June 2020.
- Plan to return to a community college in California in Fall 2020.
- Plan to apply for transfer admission to a baccalaureate program in science or engineering in Fall 2020 (for Fall 2021 start).
- No prior research experience required.
Community college students who are the first in their family to go to college, come from low-income backgrounds, are from underserved communities, and/or are women, and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.
The RET Summer Research Program provides curriculum development experience for community college faculty members. Selected community college faculty will participate in a 8-week, full-time curriculum development experience. Community college faculty and instructors are paid $900/week for a 5-8 week scholarship period plus a $1,000 stipend to implement new lecture/lab. If you have any questions regarding the program or application, please contact Nicole McIntyre at email@example.com
Application Deadline: All application requirements must be fulfilled by January 24th in order to guarantee evaluation of your application. Applications received after this date will be reviewed only if space is remaining within the program. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Notification of decisions is expected to be sent in late March; however, if you need to know prior to this date (due to teaching responsibilities, etc.) we will try to move up your notification date.